We all know that wireless is great for getting mobile users connected but did you know there is also a new trend in the industry called location analytics. Location analytics is the tracking of devices as they flow through your building using wireless beacons and probes. On today’s show we talk with Brenden O’Brien who recently joined Cisco through the acquisition of his company Think Smart. Take a listen as we learn about location analytics and the various uses in this new market.
About the Post
Author InformationPosted by: Blake Krone
Cisco CCIE #31229 (Wireless) and AeroScout certified engineer, all around tech junkie, code poet. Connecting people with cans and strings.
Leave a Reply
- E23 – Aerohive Switches and HiveManager 6 April 4, 2013
- E15 – WFD3 After Dark October 17, 2012
- So, you want to play with Multicast?… (part 1) January 16, 2012
- E24 – Riding the 802.11ac Waves May 8, 2013
- E16 – Cisco Buys Meraki November 18, 2012
- E41 – WiFi Got You Down? March 8, 2014
- E40 – Tumors, Muni, and Hacks January 9, 2014
- E39 – Identity Management with ClearPass (Sponsored) January 4, 2014
- CSCui69732: Platinum 802.1p tagging defaulted to 5 after upgrade to 220.127.116.11 January 2, 2014
- E38 – Cisco wIPS (Sponsored) December 31, 2013
- MSE Licensing Gotchas « @WirelessStew: […] to check out a two other Wireless Guru...
- Blake Krone: To be honest I don\'t think they really are enforc...
- BBlake: Same problem with a Wii, setting to mandatory fixe...
- chrismarget: Hey Blake, You said something about the muni wi...
- Amal: It seems that the error in command I posted above ...
802.11ac 3700 aerohive andrew vonnagy ap ap 3700 aruba blake krone byod cisco cisco live cleanair dan cybulskie ekahau featured fluke george stefanick gotchas hacking ios ise jennifer huber meraki metageek multicast my80211 outdoor podcast rf rtls samuel clements security spec an spectrum stefanick survey tech field day tools validation videos walt shaw wave 1 wfd2 wireless wlc